View Single Post
Old 04-30-2012, 04:31 PM
USMCFLYR
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: FAA 'Flight Check'

Originally Posted by Ray Blaszak View Post
You can have somebody that took 2 years to get all their certs that still doesn't know anything and somebody that might've took 90 days that is much more knowledgeable. You have to judge each individual well as an individual. I know me personally I strive to be the best so if I know I lack in a particular area I am going to study that much more harder and pick that many more brains. I have met guys that have been instructing for decades and I couldn't stand flying with them. I had an instructor that went to ATP (multiple actually) and they were a lot more enjoyable to fly with. One of the most knowledgeable instructors I ever flew with had 60,000 hours with about 40 or so were on floats. She definitely knew her way around an airplane.
You sure?
The world record is 64,000 hours so you would be flying with a real celebrity if that instructor had 60,000 hours.
Alabama man loves to fly and it shows - CNN
Evelyn Bryan Johnson, 100 years old has the record for most hours for an female and oldest living pilot.
She has logged 57,635.4 hours. Her male counterpart is John Edward Long with more than 64,000 hours.
Evelyn Johnson - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ed_Long_(aviator)

USMCFLYR