View Single Post
Old 05-03-2012, 07:53 AM
fjetter
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2008
Position: King Air 200 CA Hawker 800/900 FO

Originally Posted by DirectTo View Post
As someone who went from the airlines to 91, I will say the exact same. Couldn't pay me enough to go back to the airlines.

I enjoy the challenges of making it all work on a day to day basis. Actually using brain power instead of sitting there like a robot doing the same routes day after day.

Oh, and more money, no commuting, more time at home, flexible schedule, good hotels, free food, and variety of destinations.
I agree too. While working 135 charter isn't always an easy job, I certainly enjoy the challenges that it presents. It certainly beats the constant hub and spoke shuttling of 121. Granted you will still get to know quite a few airports quite well; TEB and HPN come to mind for East Coasters. If you've had any type of service job before it's no different and attention to detail is key.

One of the things I like is that if we're in a city for a few days...waiting for the return for the charter or awaiting orders, we usually get a chance to go out and explore cities meet up with friends for dinner, etc. Rarely did I ever have time for that on min rest 10hr (if your lucky) overnights with the airlines.