Old 05-09-2012, 09:13 PM
Bill Lumberg
Banned

Joined APC: Jul 2006
Position: Space Shuttle PIC

Originally Posted by FIIGMO View Post
Curious, but with the current code share out on the west coast, where is DAL going to allow Alaska to fly the 900-ER??

Thoughts?
Um, say what? I think DL will be getting 100 737-900ERs. I don't know if AK will be getting any. They currently have 737-900s, but I don't think they are the ER version. AK hasn't added any flights from LAX lately, and they don't go to Hawaii from LAX. (DL does) They also don't compete with DL from SFO to HNL. They do hit every other Bay Area city to all the islands, but DL does not. DL used to fly PDX and SAN to HNL, but those were abandoned, and AK did miraculously added them a week afterwards. Maybe those cities could warrant 737 service to Hawaii, and the 757 was deemed too big? As far as SEA goes, AK has added AUS, MCI, STL, nonstop in the past couple months, and will trade MIA for FLL. DL has never flown from any of those to SEA nonstop. Will they add more nonstops from SEA? Maybe, but they seem to avoid almost every DL base, except their lone flights to MSP and ATL, where DL has two to three times the flights. There were some route swaps to Mexico (PVR and MEX) from LAX, but that is all I can think of.