Old 02-16-2007, 01:40 AM
Typhoonpilot
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2005
Position: tri current

Originally Posted by bugga View Post
have got an interview coming up with UAE and I am wandering what is the best way to prepare for said interview?
There are two books out on preparing for your emirates interview.
One is advertised here on APC. The other available through bookshops in Canada and the UK. I've got the later, it's a bit dated but did help. Haven't seen the former so couldn't say for sure whether it's useful or not.

can anyone suggest what other documents I should bring along with me that the panel might desire? Are internal recommendations a significant help?
Logbooks, properly stamped and certified. Internal recommendations can only come from somebody you have flown with who has been employed by EK for one year. If you can get one of those it does help.

what are the percentages of FO's being SEAT LOCKED because of the pysc eval?
Guessing here, but less than 1%. There are a number of permanent F.O.s who either failed an upgrade or were never put up for it. Usually there is a good reason for that. Some guys, including a classmate of mine, got dicked around a little by the Psych people. It is something that could be improved on. They have way too much power, as does HR.

Finally, what do guys think are the chances of a RJ pilot with a good amount of captain time and overseas flying experience are of getting hired?
Pretty good right now.

Typhoonpilot