View Single Post
Old 05-21-2012, 02:55 PM
Waves
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2010
Position: SLC 767ER Captain

Hey guys, I’m back, did you miss me? NO. LOL In well over twenty some odd years with DAL, I have only voted YES one time, and I actually lived to regret even that YES vote (PRP 777). Obviously other than the "sales pitch highlights," I haven't read this thing yet, but considering the dismal outlook of the economy, the uncertainty of gas prices, and the current state of the industry, so far this thing exceeds my expectations. I truly didn’t expect it to be something I would even have to consider voting yes for. I’m actually going to have to read this thing, because only a fine tooth comb look at it will tell. Right now it is the so called Reserve System enhancements that have me concerned. At first glance it appears that it will create a need for fewer pilots. Not really sure. Hopefully without sounding melodramatic, I will say that just like the 2012 Presidential elections, this contract and vote may be the most important one of our lifetimes. I’m going to get my butt kicked for this one, but a few of the furlough protection things I also have a problem with as well. INCOMING! Not something that would change my vote, and I can explain why if anyone cares.