View Single Post
Old 05-22-2012, 05:27 AM
Mwindaji
I'd rather be hunting

Joined APC: Jan 2012
Position: B737 Captain

Originally Posted by Old UCAL CA View Post
Just an old retired guy but, the market determines everything. You aren't going to stop it if the rest of the industry is already there.

If you are saying RJs are what the Market is dictating then I have to disagree. If you are saying that most people that fly what the lowest cost airline ticket then I agree up to a point. While most customers want the best deal they still want a good product. In the airline business that is not flying on a RJ. The RJ issue is more about greed and not about giving the customers what they want. Southwest has and will continue to thrive because they give the customer what they want. When I say, Southwest, I mean the employees of SW give the customer what they want. The management at SW takes care of their employees. They count on the employees to take care of the customer. Here at UCH it is about management taking care of themselves. They have the attitude of screw the customer and screw the employee as long as they can line their pockets with cash. These temporary airline CEOs and their underlings are a plague on the industry. They are a like a STD. We will never be cured of them.