View Single Post
Old 05-22-2012, 09:15 PM
forgot to bid
veut gagner à la loterie

Joined APC: Apr 2008
Position: Light Chop

Originally Posted by Bill Lumberg View Post
Best case: LESS TOTAL RJs. That would be this TA. There may be 102 70 seaters ontop of the 223 76 seaters, but they would obviously fly on current 50 seat routes that aren't as profitable. 32 fewer 76 seaters total is better, since they would be the ones flying current mainline routes vs Dothan, AL. It's your choice.
I still think airframe counts beats block hour ratios and seating, but, seating is interesting...

See to me, if all of these jets fly the same speed then the ASM drop is minimal. In exchange for increasing the size of the large RJ fleet by 25% we end up reducing the entire DCI fleet by 25% but changing ASMs by just 17%.

I don't consider this a gain. It's a loss. A gain would've been keeping the 255 cap and 3:1 ratio and cutting 50 seat jets down to 0. And that 0 could've increase a little if the Alaska codeshare had gotten hammered and no exemptions for RAH.

Originally Posted by NuGuy View Post
Maybe I want to fly to Dothan, AL. If it's a Delta Passenger on a Delta Ticket, I think they deserve Delta Pilots, don't you?

Besides, I enjoyed flying into Flint, Grand Rapids, Traverse City, Lansing, Omaha, Sioux Falls, Rapid City, Grand Forks, Saginaw, Fargo, Minot, Bismark, Regina, Saskatoon, Great Falls, Kalispell, Helena, Bozeman, Missoula, Winnipeg, Des Moines, Rochester (both NY and MN), Duluth, Albany, Harrisburg, and all of those other wonderful, NO HASSLE airports that we used to go to in the DC-9.

Sure beats the hell out of Florida turns from ATL, or going back and forth the NYC.

Nu
Good point.

Last edited by forgot to bid; 05-22-2012 at 09:32 PM.