View Single Post
Old 05-30-2012, 05:17 AM
FIIGMO
Sho me da money!

Joined APC: Feb 2007
Position: B25, Left

Originally Posted by Jack Bauer View Post
This sales letter is one example of why ALPA is loathed by so many.

Not so sure about that Jack. I enjoy the banter and points of view here on APC. I think it is healthy and good for debate especially when it comes to important issues in ones personal life as far as work is concerned. Being informed and making sound decisions based on fact and listening to productive debate is necessary to making the right decision. I was in SLC yesterday (ALPA Reps were there to answer questions) watching and listening to the questions from FO's Capt's and even a few guys sporting DPA lanyards. It was respectful and informative. The Reps presented fact and contractual language. They answered everyone of my questions about scope and reserve concisely. (My fears about Republic were unwarranted and clearly spelled out in the section 1, hard to find but it is there, reserve + ALV was a compromise, still not what I want)

There was emotionally charged engagement with the reps in a few instances that was sporty for a few moments. But that was emotion, and regardless of ones point of view it is natural and it is real. The reps and the pilots then got down to constructive engagement and the mis conceptions (of which i had many) and half truths were cleared up. A Straw poll from the 10 or so pilots (with differing opinions) hanging around in the crew lounge after there were no more questions? I only heard one guy say he would vote no, and he was asked by others standing around "what then"? He like me did not have an answer. That simple fact, that we don't know what will happen if we vote this TA down is very true. It is not an ALPA or a DPA issue, it is simply fact that we don't know. So each has to decide.

I will be voting YES. (and I will state that publicly at any time and any place)

Last edited by FIIGMO; 05-30-2012 at 05:28 AM.