Thread: FA's and KCM
View Single Post
Old 06-25-2012, 07:01 AM
LNL76
Junior Senior

Joined APC: Feb 2012
Position: Whiskey Papa

Originally Posted by expectholding View Post
I do know. I also know that I have flown with some that I would NOT want to bypass security and possibly come up to the cockpit with a weapon, or even possibly have a weapon in the back. I also know that they have a lot less invested in this career than we do, so to throw it away would mean less. (see JetBlue FA, what if that nut job brought something to work and then instead of popping the slide, pulled something on the passenger that was giving him a hard time). I have nothing against FA's. I am not saying they need a weapon to accomplish something, but for some it sure would help. Not a chance I want to take.

I am sure I am not the only one that feels this way.
Wow.....btw, there are items we can use on the aircraft that could be considered a "weapon." I seem to recall some pilots who were caught trying to carry weapons through TSA. Let's not even get into some FDOs who shouldn't be anywhere near a gun, muchless be allowed to have one in the cockpit. Did you get burned in a relationship by a FA?

Just curious---do you have issues with rampers and other airport employees bypassing TSA altogether? I know I do.

Also, what's your take on "crazy" pilots. I don't think I need to give examples but they can cause a lot more harm than a FA. Just sayin'......