Thread: Air Flight Inc
View Single Post
Old 06-27-2012, 10:53 AM
402DUDE
On Reserve

Joined APC: Jul 2011
Position: LJ-55, left and lookin'

I worked there for a little over two years. Dave and Lisa (owners) were without a doubt the best bosses I have worked for. They genuinely care about their pilots. If you need time off, all you have to do is ask. They will do the best they could to accommodate you. Looking back on my time there it was a great job to get your feet wet. You learn a lot and fast bc you are responsible for practically everything. From pax mannifest, apis, weight and balance, filing, to flying, you do it all. The pax themselves are almost always in a good mood bc they are traveling for vacation purposes. 99% of the flying you do is to the Bahamas. I can honestly say in my time there I flew to every airport in the bahamas that can fit a 402. The flying was fun and very rewarding. Having said all of this, it is your typical 135 south florida operator. The airplanes are far from perfect, but they wont kill you. Summer flying is few and far in between. I would go weeks without flying from july 5th- Sep/Oct. As someone mentioned, you get paid per flight hr. Thats it. No salary, no guarantee, no benifits. It was my first charter gig, and it helped me become competitive enough to get a 'jet job.' I didnt make much, but the tips helped out A LOT. If you're young, single, and somewhat debt free you'll survive. By survive I mean you'll make more than a first yr FO at a regional, but thats about it. If you are trying to support a family or a loved one, my advice would be to look elsewhere. All in all I cherish my time there, and would do it all over again if I had to.