View Single Post
Old 02-22-2007, 10:25 AM
Jetjok
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2006
Position: Retired

Originally Posted by flyboy1987 View Post
Was tryin' to commute to work this am. A NWA cancellation scheduled for later this morning meant the almost empty jet becoming full in exactly 8 minutes! The CA told me that he would get both myself and an Express pre-IOE pilot on board. The XJet newbie wanted the cockpit jumpseat and the FA led me to the FA jumpseat. This crew was so friendly...they were awesome! Much love to the XJet crews!

I have noticed some tension between CAL and Express. Maybe I don't know/understand because I'm a CAL newbie. But, ALL of the pilots and FA's I've had contact with at EWR have been pretty cool!
Good on them! That's the way it used to be in this industry everywhere. When I was a new hire at Pan AM, I was jumpseating to work out of JFK down to MIA. The plane was full in both first and coach, but the captain allowed myself and two other pilots to ride in the cockpit, along with a reservationist and her non-airline employee husband. That's right, there were 8 of us in the cockpit of this 727. The captain told the purser to not allow the ramp agent into the cockpit, and for her to bring in the paperwork. So off we went. Once at cruise, the reservation gal and her husband left the cockpit and rode on the flight attendant jumpseats. Those were the days.