View Single Post
Old 07-06-2012, 10:43 AM
fullboat2
Line Holder

Joined APC: Oct 2010

Congrats beech_nut! I can't tell you for sure what you'll get your first year...I was hired Jan '11 into the Classic. Most of the guys in my class rarely broke guarantee.

That said, that shouldnt be the case in the future as you won't be Classic bound. Aside from suffering through training pay for oh too many months, the guys in my class who were put on the -400 were getting more than guarantee every month. A few guys I know averaged 80 hours for the year when they were through IOE.

No idea on how the 767 will pan out hour wise....maybe a 76 guy can weigh in...

I've heard (again from a very reliable source) that all of our lift is already sold out for the remainder of the year. Not sure how you quantify "sold out" in this industry, but I think the point was that our airplanes are going to be moving non stop.... and they are hiring more pilots.... and we are getting new airplanes.... and hopefully a whole bunch of other positive stuff. Personally I hope we end up acquiring some of these "inexpensive" -400's sitting around out there...

So while your mileage may vary, I would imagine you'd beat your monthly guarantee during your first year. But that's just MHO. I haven't broke guarantee since December....of course I've only flown one leg since then ;0)