View Single Post
Old 07-13-2012, 12:17 PM
JerrySpringer
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2006
Position: 747RJ

Originally Posted by chip1 View Post
Anybody in the July 23rd class know what is going on for our class? All they told me was, "We are Fedexing drug test info to you, complete it, fill it out, fax it back, and good luck on the 23rd." No mention of where we are staying or what the training schedule will be like. I dont even know what time to show up for training on the 23rd... I did call back but the HR guy I spoke with didnt know. It was rather vague, anyone get any more than this out of HR?
Welcome!

The true Atlas indoctrination has begun. This is how things work here, so just roll with it. It will make your time at the company much more enjoyable.

So, you stay at the Marriott Complex, as has been mentioned. There is a bus from the Airport to the Complex. It's the Marriott bus with a "Champions" and "Cane Fire Grill" adds on it.

I'll beat the dead horse with having a car. The Marriott complex is fine. The area around us, well, it's typical big-city-around-the-airport living. Plus on the rare "off" day, you can go somewhere out of the jail cell to study and maybe look at attractive folks in swimwear (if you're into that sort of thing). You can get to a mall. You can get to the Publix on 7th (Much better than the walkable grocery). Oh, it's not the best feeling standing outside the training center at 0100 on a Saturday and the van "is on the way". I personally use EZRentacar, as they always seem to come in cheapest on priceline, and you can add a 5% airline coupon and an additional 3% discount just for "liking" them on FB.

Your schedule down here will be full, will change and will make your mind melt. The initial -400 course, I think, is about 2 weeks longer than the pilot initial for the (RIP) Space Shuttle course. Bring your Zen, prayer beads or your yoga mat to preserve sanity. Cookouts only work until the end of ground school when you all split out your separate ways.

Weather's Hot, the Beer's cold, it's hurricane season; so come enjoy!