View Single Post
Old 07-14-2012, 08:08 AM
Fat Jesus
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jun 2012

Originally Posted by IrishFlyer757 View Post
I understand that measuring fuel and such isn't 100% accurate but 80 lbs is well beyond the 'fudge factor'. I feel that since the owner and his ex-wife planned this demo flight that they should have made sure the line guys didn't 'tab' the fuel right before I was supposed to go flying. I pride myself on being a conservative and safe pilot - did I do anything wrong here?
Hell no you didn't. Me personally, I would've told the owner that if he had a problem with my decision making we could take it up with the local FSDO. But that's me, and I have a good paying job.

Ever flown a 172 at max gross on a hot day? It's not fun. 80 # over, or 1 # over, the limit is the limit. If the owner had such a hard on for getting the flight done he should've been more proactive. Flip side to that is take this learning experience on board and next time prepare.

Originally Posted by GrUpGrDn View Post
Told owner since he is unable to take fuel off, you would start it up and take it to run up area to burn fuel off. Then pick pax up for their flight. End of story.
That's over 13 gallons of fuel. You gonna go out and sit at the hold short at cruise power for over an hour?