View Single Post
Old 07-26-2012, 07:58 AM
Muredhawk
Down 4 Green Lights

Joined APC: May 2012
Position: MD-11 FO

I work there and have been for two years. The place has had its reputation of being a dump for a long time but my own time has been ok. There have been a lot of changes to the management philosophy over the two years and a lot of things have dramatically improved. We are really hurting for instructors right as the hiring pool has severely diminished in quantity as well as quality. You will work your ass off, you will fly a lot, and you will build a lot of time. Our Chinese contracts are booming right now and we are pretty much in a crunch times.

The whole canceling flights thing is not true. They just want to keep a record of what's going on with students so they can report back to their company. You will never EVER be forced to fly... Ever.

Instructors can average between 80-120 hrs a month depending on your ability. We take guys with experience and start them at higher level of pay and we also take low time guys at teir 1.

I've been there since Aug. 2010 and started with 250 hrs and a CFI. This month I'll be at 2000 T, 400+ turbine pic, 800+ multi, 200 hrs instrument etc...

I've had many opportunities to leave but I have been lucky to get great opportunities here and I wouldn't change anything about my decisions.

Sent from my iPhone