Thread: Skymark
View Single Post
Old 07-27-2012, 06:11 PM
HalinTexas
Feeling blessed.

Joined APC: Feb 2005
Position: Was I finally in the right place at the right time?

Words of warning about Skymark.

1. Rumor has it they have a pretty high failure rate in training. No uniform reason why. People I've talked to that passed felt prepared. I suspect this might be a screening problem.

2. High medical failure rate in my opinion. 2/16 in my class have failed the medical. Both were over 50, if that matters. One lost 60 lbs. in about 6 months and his blood work was "out of whack." He's been offered a later training date (fall?) if he can get it worked out. 2nd had ear surgery 15 years ago and disclosed it late. He had passed the medical the first time, but upon retaking the hearing test, they failed him. However, it was not handled well by the locals, and he may get a 3rd "hearing." <rimshot> He also has A380 CA time. In the class behind us, 3 were sent home this week. One for radial cherototomy (sp) 20 years ago, one for abnormal EEG which was not really disclosed. Both of these guys are early-out DALs. Third guy was under 50, in excellent physical shape. His dismissal was undisclosed, and I hear he doesn't want to talk about it.

So, if you're "weak" get sharp! If you have any health problems, you may not get offered the job here. Be forthcoming and bring records. Even with that, it's a tough process.