Thread: Open Letter
View Single Post
Old 07-28-2012, 07:54 PM
KSCessnaDriver
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2008
Position: the right side

Originally Posted by SkyHigh View Post
The opportunity cost is the opportunity lost. Not only do pilots have to front the cash for four years of college and flight training but they also have to consider the wasted years after getting licensed and education trying to build experience.

It all goes onto the great hole in the sky and needs to be counted. Your first clue that something is wrong is when your friends and peers outside of aviation start buying houses, getting married, and building lives while you are still living like an impoverished college kid.

Buy the house instead.

Skyhigh
No, new pilots need to stop whoring themselves for next to nothing, and find a job that will support them the way they want to live. I'm right at 18 months out of that big pilot factory in Daytona Beach, nearly debt free, and enjoying life, while I see lots of people I went to school with just struggling to survive. People seem to forget there is more to flying than the 121/135 world and instructing. Sure, there aren't tons of jobs out there, but if you really want something, go find it. Complaining on the internet doesn't fix anything.