View Single Post
Old 07-30-2012, 03:34 PM
acl65pilot
Happy to be here

Joined APC: Jun 2006
Position: A-320A

There are a plethora of plans here at DAL. All from High Deductible to rational plans. We have a Plan covered by the PWA and the costs per pilot under the new PWA are 22% of the plan costs down from 31%. The coverages are a lot better, and more traditional from a few years ago. We also has the HSA and HRA plans. The max out of pocket including premiums per year is about 6-8K.

I will be looking at the benefits on the PWA protected DPMP this fall for my family of five. We are in the HRA Gold right now and the max out of pocket is about 7K. For a family is starts with 1500 bucks in a account. After you deplete that, you go to out of pocket to satisfy your 3000 per family, 1000 per individual deductible. They you go to your 5K in network 10K out-of-network max out of pocket on 80/20 coverage. For a jr FO max out of pocket is about 2 months of salary.

The PDMP will have new premiums for open enrollment this fall. Ask what the coverages are and the deductibles and premiums in Oct.

IMHO, the plans require a lot of out of pocket money, but that is the way of the world today. I would like to see improvements going forward. The DPMP rate reductions are one of the biggest highlights in the nwe PWA IMO.