View Single Post
Old 02-27-2007, 07:29 AM
HPilot
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2006
Position: 737 FO

Originally Posted by Linebacker35 View Post
Doctors deserve to be paid way more then pilots. I think doctors earn every cent of their big checks.
Pilots complain about puting in the time as instructors and regionals to get to the majors.
Guess what.... doctors put in like 8 years of education to get where they are(med school fees at UCLA were over $20,000 a year alone + regular tuition). Not to mention these med students have no life, they spend all their time burried in the books. Then when they get out sure they get nice money, but with that comes with an insane amount of work.
Here in Canada doctors may MAX out at $150,000.... it is a crime to see doctors getting paid less then so many other people here(ie dentists and vets for example make more then doctors here)
I agree with you that doctors deserve to be well compensated for thier services. That doesn't change the fact that after graduating dean's list, being at a regional until I'm chief pilot, then getting on with the fifth largest airline I'm only making $70,000 a yr. While my friend's in fields that have a fraction of the required education and responsibility make more and have more time off.