View Single Post
Old 09-12-2012, 07:48 AM
lakehouse
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2008
Position: forever fo

Originally Posted by eaglefly View Post
I think Rick is strictly basing his hopes on a stand alone AA. If there is a U merger and almost certainly there will be, several of their carriers will remain and based on the number of aircraft planned by the U CLA, I see Eagle......well, the former "Eagle" being a player, but not the dominant player. Ultimately 150 large RJ's of the CRJ-700/900 would make them a significant future presence, but half their current size.

Rick thinks HIS Eagle will be flying up to 375 RJ's (and even perhaps turboprops), but that is WAY to many for either AMR's whipsaw model or Parker's plans, if you ask me.
No I am just playing a stand alone AA. I think if USAIR does not get to take over, that AA may still pass on USAIR post BK.
I never said Eagle will fly 375 RJS, I think 250, but we basically have 250 airplanes now. I am saying with scope relief 125 more RJs are coming under the AA RJ brand. Until 125 airplanes worth of non AMR EAGLE contracts are in place we are still not completely doomed. I think there might be pain in all this, however this doom/gloom is still a maybe, and needs to be seen. We could still have 250 airplanes between CRJ700/900s and EMJ145s in the course of the next 1-3 years.

You want to come in here and point your finger saying look look I told ya they will bid out what Eagle is flying, but I am not sure this is going to be at AMR Eagles expense, I think this is at AAs expense. I still think Eagle may shuffle into other flying, as bigger RJs are coming. This is AA flying being lost. This is what AMR will do, take a little from the AA guys at a rate slow enough that they dont go bonkers enough to do what the company is afraid they will.