View Single Post
Old 09-28-2012, 07:50 AM
afterburn81
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2007
Position: A320
Default Luggageworks Stealth Series Improvements

Note: Hey Mods I put this in the Majors section to expose it to the right people. Those people being legacy and major pilots. If at all possible please leave it here.

A little over a year ago I started a business that works with Luggageworks directly to support the Southeast with warranty and repairs. For the past 6 months I have been developing a modified Stealth series rollerbag. For all you old timers it's a new version of the Purdy Neat Things bag you currently use. I wanted to get some feedback from the guys at the majors and legacies on their likes / dislikes on the bag that they use (Luggageworks and PNT).

Unfortunately there really is no hope of improving the bag for the regional lifestyle given the nature of how often a bag goes in and out of an overhead or a closet designed for a purse.

Luggageworks does not currently provide a "premium" rollerbag for people that desire high quality, practicality and most importantly reliability. Their bags are geared towards a generic client. If you think $300-$400 is too much for a bag you need to see what the rest of the world is charging.

My design is almost done and a few of the things that I have improved greatly are: Super durable zippers, Ultra-lightweight to strength characteristics, upgraded handle grip that doesn't fall apart, and an improved trigger pin system to hold up the handle that doesn't wear as fast.

Given the current price of the larger international bag with all of these improvements how much more would you spend? I'm trying to get an idea of what some might pay for a MUCH better bag. Improvements cost money so the price must go up.

Anyone have any other suggestions while I'm at it?