View Single Post
Old 03-03-2007, 12:12 PM
Ellen
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2006

Originally Posted by XtremeF150 View Post
Armed with what I know now about the airlines I usually tell every passenger I sit by going or coming from work, just how bad this industry is becoming and how much the company's are trying to cut costs. This includes training costs, maint. costs, salaries, and services. This will eventually lead to poor maint. and less qualified pilots and likely more incidents or accidents. I try to do everything I can to get th word out. Most of the general public are amazed at what is Really like to be a pilot.
EXCELLENT! This is what all airline pilots should be doing (albeit the youngsters with 800TT and 100Multi). In addition this is what ALPA should be doing for you guys. ALPA has been focusing on the wrong "influence group" for years. They focus on Airline companies and Washington D.C. They should be focusing on the "Consumer" and "Insurance Companies"

Insurance companies can increase rates for low time pilots so much that it will be cheaper to hire, train and pay for higher time pilots.

The consumer can create such an uproar (JetBlue tarmac incident) about low pay and low time pilots being responsible for their lives, that their Congressmen and women will force rules and regulations on the airlines, FAA etc.

These are the only avenues that I have not seen ALPA pursue for you guys.