Thread: New Pay Scale
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2012, 07:16 PM
horrido27
Banned

Joined APC: Feb 2011
Position: 756 Left Side

Chris..
when you say "our", I take it that you are a Continental Pilot.
If so, I will say this.

My (our) MEC Chair told me (us) that he would not run for National Office, that he was here for the Continental Pilots and our (J)CBA.
That was during the last (not latest) ALPA National BOD Meeting.
Then he ran for office.

That's were he lost me.

Since then, he has not shown true leadership and (in my opinion) he demonstrated his true character with the Paris/Crew Rest seat issue a while back.

I will also state that I personally asked him how much he flies/flew this year. I was not happy with his answer and told him that if he was out there flying at least once a month, he would know what the line pilots are going through. But I digress.

We will see what the (Final) JCBA has in it and how close the LAX Rep was to being right. Me, I'm taking his "rumor" with a grain of salt.
I will read the whole document.. but since I will be starting with Definitions/Scope, I will probably vote accordingly after that.
I will then add to my comments on the rest of the TA afterwards.

That being said, after the last local council meeting.. I feel that my Reps no longer represent my best interests. Hate to type that, but it's how I feel. They were asked and answered my question concerning Resolution 1010-93R. They would not let us see it against the wishes of the NMB. At that point, they no longer work for me but work for the NMB.. who in turns works for the Government.

Tomorrow's the 19th. We are suppose to hear that the AIP's are done and the TA is given to the MEC's. We will see.

Motch

Motch

PS> Ironically, watching a Delta commercial on TV right now. We are so screwed~