View Single Post
Old 11-02-2012, 08:41 AM
blakman7
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2006

Originally Posted by gloopy View Post
I actually think they will do VERY well in that regard. SWA empowers their FA's and gate agents to "get it done" and they don't live in perpetual fear of an "onion letter" like their counterparts at pretty much every other airline that practices fear based employee retention for entry level employees.

They offer great customer service but the customer must also hold up their end of reality and if they don't they are put in their place VERY quickly. That is one of their biggest and least understood operational advantages that is every bit as effective as the "crew hustle" mentality. Customer service does not mean rolling over for everything and taking constant delays so people can get their passive-agressive on. They also hire, for the most part, exceptional people for the jobs they have.

As for SJU pax, I don't think SWA will have any problem whatsoever. Those pax in my experience are great. Some of the best anywhere TBH. They will roll with the tone you set for your operation as long as you treat them with respect and don't run out of coffee, sugar or Coke-a-Cola.
+1 for gloopy. Very good post