View Single Post
Old 11-07-2012, 03:10 PM
Socal Approach
On Reserve

Joined APC: Nov 2012
Default Is this college right for me?

Hi all new to the forums,

A little bit about me. I work fulltime Mon-Fri and have weekends off and I am in the army reserves. I live in Seattle and I am seriously considering commiting fulltime to become a pilot through flight school. Its basically what I joined the service for to help pay for it! I have been looking at schools out here and almost settled on doing the global program Utah Valley University is offereing where i can get a AS degree while attending a local flight school and taking classes online from UVU. I am about to go into and talk with Green River Community College on Tuesday Academics - Green River Community College

Basically my goal is I want to be an airline pilot. I have wanted it my whole life and I am so determined to get there. I am 23 and have nothing to pay for but myself and keep a roof over my head.
My question is what should I be looking for in a college so I can be qualified to work at say Skywest, Colgan, Meseba or Air Wisconsin to build up hours before trying for lets say jetBlue or Virgin America. My goal right now is to become qualified to be able to interview for a pilot job with a regional. What questions should I ask the folks at greenriver college. Is it simply total hours + PIC hours + ratings like multi engine is all I need and a 2 year degree to be able to have the minimums for an interview. Basically my question is what should I be looking for from GreenRiver that they should have so I am a good canidate for a regional when I am done.

Thank you for reading

J