Thread: TA Overview
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2012, 11:17 PM
ChrisJT6
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2010

Originally Posted by fanaticalflyer View Post
Losing full longevity is one thing, but this is utter BS to actually go backwards. I had to have this clarified by the LAX LEC Chairman to see if I got this right. According to the TA, after SLI integration, we cannot have a Pay Longevity that is longer than the next sCAL pilot above us (which will be a 2008 CAL hire for most of us). I have over 6 years of Pay Longevity and will now fall to 4 years according to the LAX LEC Chair. How the hell can that happen? He says the CAL MEC voted for no full restoration, of course, but how can they legally set us backwards on Pay longevity. Seniority is one thing, such as getting stapled to the bottom, but to lose time accrued for Pay is a first for any pilot group. There has to be a mechanism to prevent this or is that called a 'lawsuit'?
I believe it says that prior to the SLI you can't be ahead of a 2008 hire but after SLI, your pay longevity can't be ahead of the CAL guy right ahead of you after the SLI shakedown. So, I agree it will take away pay longevity for some of the 2172. Really nice that there may at least be a period of time from JCBA to SLI that you could be behind a CAL furloughee DOH 08 that was also hired but was promptly recalled right after you were furloughed.
Make it our mission to fix it no matter how long it takes....plenty of 83CAL and 570 language...why not 2173/1473 in the next one!