View Single Post
Old 11-18-2012, 07:04 AM
El Gwopo
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2012

Originally Posted by MaxPowerSet View Post
I've always wanted to get on with Continental and now, by merger, United. I never thought I'd hear myself say this but if this TA passes, that desire may die.

From what I've seen about this contract so far, it almost seems concessionary overall. The pay rates go up but a lot of the work rules, contract language and retro leave a LOT to be desired. All of this after waiting so long for a contract that has been long overdue. American pilots have shown how you don't have to strike to bring management back to the table. Delta pilots set the bar and this contract would lower that bar for the whole profession.

If this long hyped "pilot shortage" ever comes to pass, I can see a lot of the best qualified pilots choosing to bypass a United offer if they have others in hand. I know personally, I'd rather be at Delta where management seems to care about running a good airline. Even American, while undergoing some major issues right now, has a pilot group that has shown that they won't just roll over for the "last, best, final offer", even under the pressure of bankruptcy.

Pilots of United, please don't settle for this substandard contract, you can do better.

The entire industry is watching and you set the trajectory for the next decade.

You sir (or madam) have my word. I indeed will vote no. This TA is an absolute epic failure. Its a concession from our concessionary contract. I will not put my family at financial risk with this garbage.

I promise.