View Single Post
Old 11-24-2012, 06:30 AM
ATCsaidDoWhat
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2009
Position: What day is it?

Originally Posted by RunnerMark View Post
I apologize for not reading 486 pages of thread. I've been busy with other things, you know... like applying for employment.
We've all been there. Many of us have several uniforms from various rodeos...so starting a scrum with guys here who are trying to help isn't going to help.

There are -400 guys from World and elsewhere out there as well. While no one would doubt the advantages of being able to bring folks aboard and run them through a short course; I'd be surprised if they have one approved right now simply because there was never a need before. Next, Atlas got burned a few years back with folks who came, got the rating and bolted. While that may not be the case here, they may be concerned that unless there were some ironclad agreements...like seniority resignation...they don't want to risk it.

And believe it or not, I suspect that they do feel a sense of responsibility to people who have their apps in and have been screened. You may not want to hear that, but it's a possibility, knowing some of the people in HR who are involved.

As to the 468+ pages? Sure, we understand that you have more important things on your mind. That said, don't for a minute think that -400 current and qualified will give you a leg up in the first stage. There IS a process, it DOES involve an online test and even folks who have a lot of international experience have commented on the kick in the "gentlemen's salad" (thanks Top Gear) it is.

What I'm about to say is specific to no one who has posted. They have a pretty good nose and eye. They aren't interested in folks with a chip on their shoulder, a load of BS to spread, or a "freight dog" mentality. Same with folks who show up with a "at my last airline we..." Simply because if it worked so well at the last airline...they'd still be in business.

Like I said...NONE of what I just wrote is directed at ANYONE who has posted here.

I would venture to say that the Local and the Division have made contacts and urged preferential status be given to anyone who is furloughed or out of work, especially Local 1224 members. At the end of the day, they have no control over that decision.

So...while they may be accepting apps, the interview window is closed until after the first of the year. And they most likely already have a list of folks they will be contacting then...Kalitta is probably about the same. And with the small number of operators of the -400 in the US, looking at Asian carriers would also be a really smart move.