View Single Post
Old 11-29-2012, 03:47 PM
kingairfun
Banned

Joined APC: Oct 2010

Didn't read all 3 pages of this post, but LIKING FLYING IS THE KEY!!!

I've been furloughed twice, had companies go bankrupt etc.. But I absolutely love to fly for a living (I'm not an airplane buff, or bookworm type) but as far as making a living this is all I like to do.. I couldn't tell you what plane does what or how man static wicks are on a DC-9...But I can tell you that if you really want to fly for a living it probably will work out eventually...

I was in the same boat.. Aerospace Engineer major back in the mid '90s, undergrad only, enjoyed some of the classes but definitely didn't want to do it for a career. Decided to go full bore into flying... Sucked up some down times (9/11, furloughs, the recession) But everytime, through networking and persistance, always landed on my feet somehow.

I've got a friend who does medical sales, makes good money, drives alot throughout the state, and works all the time. Good job security... I don't envy him one bit.. Granted he makes good money, NOT outstanding money..But in no way shape or form would I ever want to do that for a living.. And I bet when he was in high school didn't tell himself.."Man I can't wait to graduate college so I can sell medical supplies to area hospitals for 30 years!"

Don't let anyone talk you out of flying if you really want to do it... No one says it will be easy, but those that thought it would are generally the ones who ***** the most. It's not "Catch Me if You Can", but it's not bus driving either....