View Single Post
Old 12-05-2012, 08:29 AM
osuav8r
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2010
Position: 737 CA

Originally Posted by wrxsteve View Post
some of this is way BS old news.... im interning at UAL and even with the ****ty contract negotiations going on there are many pilots I have met ( single & married ) that own vacation homes, ferraris, porsche race cars, boats, yadda yadda yadda you wouldnt believe how much crap pilots are buying and selling 24/7.... once you go through all the crap at the bottom life becomes great. Too much bs'ing, trust the people who actually deal with what is currently going on. Even at the regional level life is ok..... unless your some idiot flying for key lime....

Remember there is always going to be that 2% of pilots who B*tch and moan about everything..... they're at every airline.... trust me.
You lack perspective. Even though we don't make what we used to (I'm LCAL), you're still around some of the highest paid pilots in the world. If you're planning to fly, you'll understand what they're complaining about after you've worked at your first regional for 6 months or so. As an intern, you're also not gone for days at a time with a young family at home. While it is a great job in many respects, you haven't lived or even seen the ugly parts yet.