Banned

Joined APC: Jun 2008
Position: A320 Cap

Originally Posted by horrido27 View Post
Has anyone found it in the new TA?
Reason I ask is this-

AW&ST Nov 5/12, 2012
Ron Baur, United Airlines Vice President of fleet

Type training thrives on commonalty, drawing its sustenance from consistency. United is the first U.S. network carrier to fly the Boeing 787, which has a common type rating with the 777. One way Boeing does that is “through software, and how images are collected and displayed to the pilot,” Baur says. In terms of crew scheduling, the airline's ultimate goal is to have pilots who can fly the 787 one day and the 777 the next—seamlessly. The operational challenge with large, existing fleets is to ensure that new aircraft “integrate well with the current fleet,” says Baur.

Under CAL (Current) CBA-
  1. Equipment - “Equipment” means aircraft or an aircraft grouping (e.g., B737, B757/B767, B777, B787).
We have always been told by our union that the 787 would be a separate BES (Base/Equipement/Seat). And currently, our B787 guys are separate from the B777.

I can not find anything in the new JCBA that talks about actual fleets.

Question for the UAL guys-
1) Do the A320 crowd also fly the A319?
2) I was under the impression that the B756 is flown as separate categories at UAL with regards to Domestic/International. What has that done for your staffing?

Thanks
Motch
Just to elaborate a bit further on 2) Motch.....

We fly both the 757/767-300, both domestically and internationally.... EXCEPT, there is a little issue right now with some bases (notably SFO) not being "international qualified". With SFO-CDG starting soon, the SFO pilots are requesting to be qualified so they can fly it. So far, that decision hasn't been made, but in the past, UAL would fly that with pilots from an "Intl base like IAD or ORD