View Single Post
Old 12-17-2012, 02:19 PM
blogwth
Line Holder

Joined APC: Aug 2012

Originally Posted by nitefr8dog View Post
I guess one would have to assume business is a bit soft in a few markets but they are hopeful it will turn around after the first of the year...hell if the answer is to sell aircraft every time there is a down turn ATSG could be selling them all...that would produce a lot of short term revenue. By the same token ATLAS could sell their 300's that are parked until business picks up after the 1st of the year. Parked 200's that ATSG owned outright and have been written down for years are not that expensive to have on the books. Just curious about your never ending negative posts....are you hoping this line of rhetoric will affect stock prices or that really anyone on APC knows or cares who ATSG is....just wondering. This is the ACMI game unlike FDX and UPS contracts come and go... furloughs and recalls happen more frequently....unused aircraft are parked from time to time.....is this all that surprising to you?...Really?

About 1/3 of the ATSG pilot group has been furloughed in the last year or will be furloughed within the next two weeks. That is more than a minor fluctuation. Your comment indicates a person who is senior enough to feel somewhat safe and too insensitive to care about anybody else.

I'm sorry if it hurts your feelings if I say things that about ABX or ATSG that you think seem negative. My comment was analytical and meant to explore what seemed incongruous about a negative indication (furloughs), compared to a positive indication (they seem to possibly be holding out for ACMI business).

You seem interested in stifling any discussion about ABX but you are more than happy to trash anyone else. There are many ATSG people who read these posts and share information. If you don't like what I say, you know where the ignore button is. Your predictions are wrong more often than not and you seldom add any value to the conversations here.