View Single Post
Old 12-17-2012, 02:46 PM
nitefr8dog
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2007

Originally Posted by blogwth View Post
About 1/3 of the ATSG pilot group has been furloughed in the last year or will be furloughed within the next two weeks. That is more than a minor fluctuation. Your comment indicates a person who is senior enough to feel somewhat safe and too insensitive to care about anybody else.

I'm sorry if it hurts your feelings if I say things that about ABX or ATSG that you think seem negative. My comment was analytical and meant to explore what seemed incongruous about a negative indication (furloughs), compared to a positive indication (they seem to possibly be holding out for ACMI business).

You seem interested in stifling any discussion about ABX but you are more than happy to trash anyone else. There are many ATSG people who read these posts and share information. If you don't like what I say, you know where the ignore button is. Your predictions are wrong more often than not and you seldom add any value to the conversations here.
I really could care less what you say good or bad...right now the 767/200/300 market is soft in cargo. ATSG is not ATLAS we do not fly 747's or 300's passenger. You seemed surprised at the furlough's at ATSG but let's be clear ABX has not furloughed...yet... the first round was Management/Union politics and has been resolved. The second round has been put on hold. ATI lost the majority of its ACMI business with BAX shuttering its TOL operation and CCIA had a bunch of old airplanes that are being parked...the end result furloughs. Yet it seems to mystify you why ATSG is furloughing back to the numbers appropriate to the business and aircraft on hand. I suggest you call JH. or BG. Both will gladly answer all your questions and you can sleep better at night...or whenever you sleep.