View Single Post
Old 12-20-2012, 06:20 AM
gettinbumped
Banned

Joined APC: Jun 2008
Position: A320 Cap

Originally Posted by embflieger View Post
I've read the LOAs and spoken with intelligent people, but can't get a definitive answer: when do the new pay rates go into effect? For the previously furloughed (and everybody else, but stay with me) my understanding was that it would be immediate, that the LOA implementation was date-of-signing. Another opinion is that those of us brought onto the CAL side would go to the new new-hire rate immediately, and two bid periods later, a longevity rate. Regardless, the rate still shows what it did last month. I'm not trying to rehash a "see, I told ya so" flamefest, but does anyone know unequivocally?
When you check this out, make sure that you get paid your new rate EFFECTIVE AFTER NOV 30. The pay rates were effective for the FIRST bid period that the DOS occurred in.... hence, December will be paid in its entirety at the new rate. I'm not familiar if there is some sort of difference with the LOA for previously furloughed, so I'd check with someone in the union regarding that.

I'm assuming there will be QUITE a few payroll errors for awhile, so it would behoove us to all check our numbers.