Thread: Air Wisconsin
View Single Post
Old 12-20-2012, 07:59 AM
Trip7
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2007

Originally Posted by chucknorris View Post
Riiight. Listen, go to AWAC if you are ok with things there going tits up in 2015. Otherwise, look for a regional that will be around longer term. AWAC has had the writing on the wall for a while, not due to the pilots but the private ownership that has not done anything to grow the airline by a single frame, save 471, since 2003. I don't work there, but I did... things might have changed, but I doubt it. Just word to the wise, every airline is trying to rid itself of 50 seat feed, awac only has 50 seat feed. US airways has publically stated it wants out of the 50 seat buisness... awac only flys for US airways. The only hope I see for them is if they can arrange something with the new AMR/LCC to fly larger aircraft in exchange with dumping 50s, but even that might be a long shot.

As for Delta, they look for cost more then anything. Since AWAC already has high cost, and would have to put together a 90 seat part inventory etc, their costs will not likely be low.

Nothing against the pilots of AWAC, great great people with few exceptions and I still have a lot of friends there, but there needs to be a little bit of reality thrown in this thread.
Just relaying info. Gentleman from Mesaba on another thread stated that their union leaders have told them if they turn down their TA Air Wisconsin will win the RFP for 40 900s.