View Single Post
Old 01-11-2006, 05:12 PM
JoeyMeatballs
Banned

Joined APC: Jan 2006
Position: A-320
Default First year expectations

Well I am on reserve so I cant tell you much what to expect but I can tell you a little bit how I got hired with Colgan. Get all of your ratings and instruct at a respectable flight school, I say respectable becuase you don't want to have to worry about falling apart airplanes, also with a better flight school comes better students. I instructed for a little over a year, I did do a lot of personal flying i got hired with Colgan with 1100ttl and 140 multi but they were hiring guys with just over 100. Just get the 100 multi as soon as you can and apply everywhere.don't wait! If upgrade time is important then get on with a Turbo-prop carrier, if lifestyle and ego (shiny jet syndrome) then get on with Eagle or Expressjet) Regional jets are great but not as agreat as a 737 or 757. If you are older then get on with a regional where you will stay a, like Eagle and Expressjet and Republic etc... all make good careers, places like Colgan, Commutair, Piedmont, all good companies but lets face at least with the SAAB great airplane but no FMS or GPS I am not sure I could do 8 legs a day for 35 years w/o GPS or an FMS Get on with an airline that will fit your lifestyle, especially if you are young most important, just make sure you have a seat when the S?+$% hits the fan. (also a good idea to get the 1,000PIC Turbine).........and don't let people tell you Turboprop experience isnt good, its great just makesure the T-Prop weighs over 20,000lbs

Last edited by JoeyMeatballs; 01-11-2006 at 05:15 PM.