View Single Post
Old 01-24-2013, 10:28 AM
Ludicrous Speed
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2012

Originally Posted by RI830 View Post
IMHO.......
Unions are what cause the demise of good companies.
I have been part of a closed shop union/company in the past and it is a complete joke. I am proud to work for a fractional that will never have involve unions.
I suggest getting a job at a company that treats its people right and pays fair wages an then there is no need for a union.
Just like capitalism.....let the system work and things tend to take care of themselves. If a company is bad...no one will work for them and they will be forced to go under or changed. A company who pays fairly and treats employees fairly will do well and succeed.
Just my $.02

Flame away!
To say that the "market" (the jobs market in this case) will somehow work itself out is simplistic academic fantasy. When "things tend to take care of themselves", it could take years.....plenty of time to put an individual or family into financial ruin.

Of course, unions are not a perfect entity....but market capitalism isn't either.

The bottom line is that (especially in large companies), representation of labor and collective bargaining is a necessity.