Old 02-12-2013, 05:52 AM
missintheline
CH46 Pilot to the Stars

Joined APC: Mar 2011
Position: Furloughed
Default One Fish, Two Fish; Red Fish, Blue Fish

Red tag, green tag;
Tulip on my flight bag.....
Ribbons and talismans to tell you what I wuz?
Nah, no thanks, that's livin' in the past, cuz.
As a charter member of the double furlough surprise and impending 'all furlough time is not created equal' SLI Super Bone Club (Aug '00 hire), I sincerely congratulated the newly minted 737 Capt (2005 hire) I met at last drill weekend and told him that when I return I'll happily suit up in whatever the standard issue uniform is and cordially jerk gear for him and everyone else in strict adherence to the JCBA with no bellyaching about how this fickle b!tch mistress of a career has treated my left seat office mate du jour better than it has treated me. (Obviously, when inevitably paired with a scab, I'll less cordially but just as professionally execute my duties and add the obligatory slam-click that vermin has earned. )
It sucks to have been on the receiving end of so many shaftings, but it's not ya'll's fault that I got on the career escalator that promptly broke then went backwards, then forwards, then backwards again and yes, I do have the recurring dream where I'm driving around a sharp curve on a cold, rainy night and suddenly there's Glenn Tilton frozen in my headlights, but what's done is done.

To quote Lech Walesa, "It is hardly possible to build anything if frustration, bitterness, and a mood of helplessness prevail."

Only way another pilot will know anything from me about the past 13 years of rollercoasters and reamings is if the ALPA Pilot's Fund comes up in conversation. Then I'll say: "Thanks for kicking in to the fund that covered my health insurance premiums. It made a huge difference when my kid tore up his shoulder wrestling and my wife got in a car accident."

"We must all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately."
-Ben Franklin