View Single Post
Old 03-18-2007, 11:48 PM
Ewfflyer
Flying Farmer

Joined APC: Jul 2006
Position: Turbo-props' and John Deere's

Originally Posted by MBApilot View Post
LAFF,

I normally don't write a whole lot......I've just been perusing these forums for many months now. That being said, why do you care so much to bash ERAU?

I didn't go there, I went to a state school for a couple of pretty useful degrees...so don't worry about me.

As for learning systems "on someone else's dime," I don't think you quite understand the value of learning this stuff prior to going through an indoc/training program.

I can say with 100% conviction that the systems training I received in my undergraduate (we did 727...not 747) immensely put me ahead of other people when it came time for job-specific training. Not only did this education help me with aviation, but it also helped foster analytical and problem-solving skills that I use in my new profession.

You truly sound like an ignoramus...especially since you have little to no background of experience.

ERAU may not be for everybody (it wasn't for me), but don't go around wasting your time trying to sway people's views. We're all pretty sharp people here, and we can figure out what type of training is best for each of us.....your effort is unnecessary.

I truly hope you lose this attitude once you start working. Trust me, you don't want to be "that guy."

MBAPilot
You have to be a fellow Boiler!!!!!!!!! Whassup! 04' grad here