View Single Post
Old 02-22-2013, 05:26 AM
USMCFLYR
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: FAA 'Flight Check'

Originally Posted by blulavboy View Post
Well, I wouldn't say its all that busy, just yet. This based mostly because the majority of my training hasn't been completed as yet and hence I'm unable to really sign off on anything and really deal with any issues from a regulatory standpoint. I would expect this to change when I come up on my one year anniversary and my training is complete and I recieve my 110A.
At that point, I will be probably assigned to a particular certificate and wind up going to school for a particular fleet type.

To pass the time whilst in between my OKC stints, there's plenty of E-learning and riding along with some of the other guys to certificate holders HQ and the airports.
It's a different way of life, no question to that! Coming from a flying background is a big adjustment, however I've gotten a few full passports and alot of boxes checked along the way. My point being is that the instability of many of the segments of the flying world and the possibility of moving around in the FAA is what really drove me here.

Who knows what's going to come from the sequestration deal, not like there's anything I can do about it anyway, so I'll just keep my head down for the time being until my proby time is up.....
It sounds like you have a great background for the job and will hopefully be able to bring a ration of common sense into the job, though JO said that ideas run deep in that office, but each office is different.

I had a CRM class with a retired JAL CA about 2 years ago. There is certainly a mixture of expereince out there it seems. You mentioned in an earlier post that your initial class seemed to be a 50/50% mix of civilian and military.can you give other readers a more detailed breakdown of the types of expereince you saw in your training? We've had a few posters on APC asking for some information and have, including you, at least 2 or 3 current ASIs who participate. People curently going through training though are always a latest and greatest source of info for what it takes to break in or what they can initially expect in the job.