Old 03-19-2007, 06:56 PM
FR8Hauler
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2006

Originally Posted by ghilis101 View Post
i have been having the hardest time deciding what i should do. i did post a few times about about what kalitta is like, but havent seemed to get any thorough responses about the good and bad of being there. ive talked with a few pilots who used to work there who said it was tolerable. so heres my question...

i just started at Skywest as a CRJ FO this past november. I interviewed with Kalitta this past week and was hired to start April 15th. Would this be a really bad move if i went to Kalitta? Does it look bad to leave a company after only 5 months, most of which has been sitting reserve and i dont even have 100 hours of 121 time yet. At the same time would it be a bad move to pass up the heavy int'l experience at Kalitta and make $19/hr in an RJ? i know i need PIC, but it looks like upgrade times at both places are pretty good around 2 years.

i know kalitta doesnt treat their employees as well as skywest does, but im also not thrilled with skywest being non-union. any advice would be much appreciated!
You need at least 1000 hours PIC in a jet. I don't know if Connie can give you that so you might be better at skywest.