Old 03-05-2013, 08:08 AM
brylove7
New Hire

Joined APC: Mar 2013
Default Affordable Flight Schools? I need a future

Hello everybody my name is Bryant aka brylove7 and its nice to meet all of you here. I came here because i need a future plan and goals in my life straight and that i have a map to know where am i going to go.

You see i came on here because i want to be a professional pilot i want to be able to work for the major airlines like American, United, Delta, JetBlue, British Airways, Air France, Japan Airlines, Korean Air, Avianca, Emirates, Lan, etc. But how can i get here if i am going to need all three licenses plus experience right?

So i been visiting a couple of Flight Schools in my area, i live in Miami, Florida and here are a list i have traveled to: Pan Am International Flight Academy which was a very great school and located at MIA which is very helpful and i met an instructor who is willing to help me but i am not sure yet? There is also Flight Safety Academy in Vero Beach which i have to visit one day but its too far to go with my car, also i visited Wayman Aviation by Opa Locka Airport, Professional Flight Training in FXE also visted ATP at FXE as well, NS Aviation by North Perry Airport, and George T Baker Aviation school by MIA which is actually a Flight Mechanic school.

So the questions i can ask here is this Question #1 what is the difference between a part 141 school and a part 61 school? i am right now 26 years old, White hispanic, currently i live with my mother but i am planning to move on my own, but i need a future i want to get into the Aviation world but how if one of the major hurdles for me is the money to afford it where am i going to get the money for the schools? i been looking around and the fact is that most of these schools go for the price range of $50,000 to $60,000 and not only that Tuition fee, and Application fee as well?

Question #2 which is the right school to go to one that is affordable and one that i can be trained to work for the major airlines, i understand i have to build up my hours which is fine but i want a school where they will give me a hand on where there can be a career in the Aviation world or lead me to it, i want to learn everything there is about flying, I also want to be flexable so that i can learn to fly small and big planes example a cessna type to a Boeing and Airbus type, propeller and jet engines types, I understand that i will need all three licenses Private, Insturmental and Commerical, and to be constantly studying which is fine because its a major like being a doctor the person has to constantly study.

Also i have both American and Colombian Passports but if i can i could get another passport if i can work in international careers as well thats another flexable thing i want to do fly both domestic and international, also i don't mind starting regional which is fine.

I am sorry if this is long but i came on these fourms because i desperatly need a future i need a career i want to go after my goals of traveling around the world, having a wonderful career that says this is me this is who i am, i want to be able to be an inspiration for others while i do have flaws thats not going to stop me for going after my goals.

I don't mind if i have to scarfice time for this career, i am willing to do it please any advice is helpful, I need guidance please any referance is fine too i am honest and humble guy that wants to be better i want a future where i am going to be fully happy even though i won't be super rich i don't care about being rich, I care about fulifilling my goals, and being a pilot would make me happy that i am flying with the birds exploring the world, my favorite animals are birds, and my favorite birds is the Bald Eagle, and Falcons i don't know why i like birds but the symbol of flight has always been with me.

Please teach me how to fly, I want to be a Professional Pilot i want to be a major person i want to make myself proud, my mother proud and to help her as well. i am deeply sorry for the very long post its just how i feel of whats going on with my life i currently work in Retail and pushing carts is not me, its not who i am, i belong in the skies flying planes not here on the ground, if anybody can help me i am more then grateful to take any advice avaliable, thank you so much everybody.