View Single Post
Old 01-17-2006, 04:06 AM
jonnyjetprop
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2005
Unhappy

Originally Posted by FLYBOYMATTHEW

I am a firm believer that it is the company's responsibility to provide a pilot with the job-specific training required to perform the duties of the job. I am in a position where I have an offer from another company that can offer me better pay, better QOL, and better experience. However, I am currently under contract with another company and, according to the contract in question, if I were to leave, I would owe them money. The offer of employment was conditional upon me signing this contract, and I feel that I signed it under duress. I provided a service to the company (and was undercompensated for my service at that) and I don't think I owe them one red cent. Every employee hired by a company is going to produce a different return on investment for the company. If the company is not going to provide a severence bonus for a pilot who exceeds the expected ROI, why should a pilot have to pay the company if they choose to leave prior to reaching that point?
And people wonder why we have "pay per view" training.

My company spends over 50k to train a new hire and you seem to think that its OK just to split.

Good luck in your future aviation career.