Old 04-16-2013, 02:01 PM
Y AirPirate
Line Holder

Joined APC: Apr 2013
Position: Upright and Locked

Greetings to you all...

I recently retired from the Active Duty Air Force as a T-6 Instructor Pilot at Laughlin AFB, TX. In that place, it was my honor to serve with Lt Col Ken Koontz, who was a T-6 IP in our reserve squadron, the 96th Flying Training Squadron. As a pilot, instructor, and officer, Ken was one of the best I have ever known. He was always calm and affable...I never knew him to have a bad day or a harsh word for anyone. As a man, husband and father, he was absolutely without equal. My wife was good friends with Melissa, and my children had played with theirs. If you painted a picture postcard of the ideal family, they would look like the Koontz'.

Like all who knew them, we are deeply saddened by the loss of four incredible people who made or would make in the future the world around us better for their being a part of it. Our thoughts and prayers go out to their surviving son, a young man who will have to grow up all to early and face the rest of his life without the love and laughter of his family around him.

To the Boomers and the Jackrabbits, our deepest condolences.

Tailwinds...