Old 05-06-2013, 07:57 PM
B727DRVR
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: Standing in front of the tank with a shopping bag
Unhappy There's hardly anyone left....

I'm assuming that you are speaking of 121 Cargo since this is that forum. Unfortunately, there are very few cargo carriers left, compared to 10 years ago and much like our nation, the "middle class" of cargo is decimated and the disparity keeps growing. Back in the day, there were many middle of the road carriers that you would never confuse your paycheck with that of a UPS or Fedex pilot, but otherwise life was pretty good with every weekend and holiday off. Emery, DHL, Kitty Hawk, and Gemini fit into this category.

Surviving at the top, you obviously have UPS and Fedex which are great places to work. Close behind them, you have the Atlas. Then come the middle class of ATI/Cappy, the remnants of ABEX, Southern Air, Kalitta, etc. Scheduled 121 usually has much better QOL than Supplemental 121, and certainly better than to on demand types.

Some other cargo companies are National, USA Jet, etc, but I don't know much about them.

The only carrier that unfortunately keep representing the bottom of pay, QOL, and working conditions is Amerijet. I'm sure that there are others that I would avoid, mostly in MIA and SJU, but maybe some others can chime in.

Good luck