View Single Post
Old 05-09-2013, 05:11 PM
hyperone
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2006
Position: 777 Capt

Originally Posted by Pakagecheck View Post
Actually, not totally true. ANC and SJU get you Intl override but your scheduling check in procedures are domestic (8hrs) not (12hrs).
OK, there are exceptions, i.e.,

12.D.1.c. Trips in the following categories may be scheduled in accordance with domestic parameters rather than international parameters. When such trip(s) are built, they will be designated as being subject to domestic or international parameters, as applicable.
i. trips that operate entirely within Alaska; or within or between, Canada, Mexico, Bermuda and Puerto Rico, or between any of these locations and the contiguous 48 states.

But, since he was coming from HNL, and assuming the trip was over 120 TAFB, then the 48 hour non-waiverable International vacation buffer applies.

7.G.1. Vacation Bank Administration - Regular Line Holder
A regular line holder shall be removed from a trip(s) in conflict with his vacation period (as awarded or slid) or vacation expansion. Conflict with an international duty free buffer, as described in Section 12.D.1.d., shall constitute a conflict with the trip protected by that buffer and may not be waived. The SCH value of the removed trip(s) shall be deducted from the pilot's vacation credit hour bank.

12.D.1.d. d. International Duty Free Buffer
i. A pilot shall be relieved of all duty for at least 24 consecutive hours prior to the start of an international trip scheduled to exceed 120 consecutive hours. A pilot may, however, be on reserve (during which time he performed no flying or standby duty) within 24 hours of the showtime for an international trip scheduled to exceed 120 consecutive hours.

Again, call Contract Enforcement for the definitive answer.