View Single Post
Old 03-29-2007, 04:35 PM
Nortonious
Careful w/that axe Eugene

Joined APC: Feb 2007
Position: HOTAS...and a SWA gear lever

Originally Posted by ToiletDuck View Post
Work with them long enough and you'll learn a few things. #1 is never believe anything you read. #2 never believe that anything will start on time. I've said from day one that Pueblo idea is as stupid as they come and a year later I'm still standing by it. They contacted me yesterday with enough students for another year.
I learned those lessons a long time ago my young Jedi CFI...and since I just read your post I guess I won't believe what you wrote

Here's another tip from a crusty pilot: The military has a way of reinventing the wheel...as in senior leadership changing things back to the way they were and then taking credit for a brilliant idea. Kinda like the AT-38's being farmed out to the UPT bases and then deciding to (re)consolidate them at Moody AFB. Kinda like closing down the aggressor squadrons and now starting up a new one at Elemendorf. And yes, kinda like halting flight screening (on account of the T-3 debacle), restarting it as a PPL program, and now migrating back towards a two location setup:
USAFA & Pueblo is very similar to the USAFA & Hondo.

Forewarned is forearmed, flexibility is the key to airpower... and indecision is the key to flexibility.