View Single Post
Old 05-20-2013, 12:12 PM
2a5x1
New Hire

Joined APC: Jan 2008

Originally Posted by Dingo155 View Post
I did the 737NG type last summer at HPA. Price then was $10,800 (sticker was $16,000 I think). Class was awesome, great product at HPA. NG course is a little longer as it is 80hrs of ground school (10 days), but there is no official pre-study and test on day 1 like the 200/300 course. I did the NG in case I want to go overseas, and I am a HUD cripple...
I did it now, as I am on AD, and didn't want to wait to get the BAH etc.
They wanted full payment, then I got it paid back about 5 months later after the VA paid HPA.
The full 10k took 12months of benefits, so I now have 24 left... Enough to get the masters.
Originally Posted by Droopy View Post
E6BPilot,

I took the course at the Dallas location. 1 week of ground school, orals that weekend, a week of simulators, and the checkride the 2nd weekend. Their payment policy seems to vary as the VA gets behind further. Currently they want a $1500 downpayment, then they direct bill the VA and reimburse the $1500 when they get paid. I have no idea how long that will take.

The instruction was first class. They are a great bunch of people doing what they love. It shows...

Droopy
Why did Droopy only front $1500 and E6B pilot fronted all of the course payment?