Old 05-23-2013, 03:08 PM
BDGERJMN
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2006
Position: Walmart Greeter

Originally Posted by Grumble View Post
BDGRJMN may be able to elaborate further as I wasn't there, but I've heard the same story from more than a few guys.

I wasn't personally there, but know the story to be anecdotally true. I think in this particular case, this Sr leader's direct and straight to the point personality coupled with a genuine passion and love for the service and the dedication it takes to make it successful was misdirected.

This same Sr leader also told a room full of us on another occasion that he too at each point in his career considered 'getting out'. I tuned him out after hearing him say the word quit. Many of us who got out at our minimum service requirement of '10 yrs' know we didn't quit and each time I strap into a jet, albeit in a reserve capacity on a Friday night or even moreso when I board my plane to Afghanistan in September for 330 days BOG, will know I haven't quit. I agree a simple thank you and best of luck in this case is the more prudent way to address a JO who's making a life long decision for his own reasons, public or private.