View Single Post
Old 05-26-2013, 05:53 AM
Red Forman
Banned

Joined APC: Jan 2008
Position: Pilot

N2264J,

Since you never got around to this on the other thread I thought I would bring it over.

“Civilization will end within 15 or 30 years unless immediate action is taken against problems facing mankind.”
• George Wald, Harvard Biologist

What proof do you have that had the government not stepped in and done anything that civilization would have come to an end around 1995-2000?

“Population will inevitably and completely outstrip whatever small increases in food supplies we make. The death rate will increase until at least 100-200 million people per year will be starving to death during the next ten years.”
• Paul Ehrlich, Stanford University biologist

What did the government do to stop the ever increasing population? And what did the government do to prevent 100-200 million seats a year by 1989?

“The world has been chilling sharply for about twenty years. If present trends continue, the world will be about four degrees colder for the global mean temperature in 1990, but eleven degrees colder in the year 2000. This is about twice what it would take to put us into an ice age.”
• Kenneth Watt, Ecologist

What did the government do to reverse global cooling and the coming ice age that was a near certainty? Did the governments actions over correct and are now responsible for global warming?

I don't know what is worse; blaming everything bad that has happened on Bush, republicans, capitalism, and the free market, or your only answer to anything is more government to fix all of our problems. It is very sad and very comical at the same time.

Last edited by Red Forman; 05-26-2013 at 06:07 AM.